| || |
2631 Durham Road
PO Box 387
Buckingham, Pa 18912
| || || |
Code of Ethical Conduct
National Association for the Education of Young Children
Ethical Responsibilities to Children
Childhood is a unique and valuable stage in the life cycle. Our paramount responsibility is to provide safe, healthy, nurturing and responsive setting for children. We are committed to supporting children's development, respecting individual differences, helping children learn to live and work cooperatively, and promoting health, self-awareness, competence, self-worth, and resiliency.
Our ideals are:
- To be familiar with the knowledge base of early childhood care and education and to keep current through continuing education and in-service training.
- To base program practices upon current knowledge in the field of child development and related disciplines and upon particular knowledge of each child.
- To appreciate the special vulnerability of children.
- To create and maintain safe and healthy settings that foster children's social, emotional, intellectual, and physical development and that respect their dignity and their contributions.
- To support the right of each child to play and learn in inclusive early childhood programs to the fullest extent consistent with the best interests of all involved. As with adults who are disabled in the larger community, children with disabilities are ideally served in the same settings in which they would participate of they did not have a disability.
- To ensure that children with disabilities have access to appropriate and convenient support services and to advocate for the resources necessary to provide the most appropriate settings for all children.